Weekly Tech Roundups for June 29 2018. Become Limitless with latest upgrades in Technology.
The Great growling engine of Change – Technology. ( Alvin Toffler)
From Instagram launching the new IGTV to China Building Roads so smart that it can charge your car while you drive, nothing is remaining the same. You can certainly tell that everyday, something new to change your perspective of the world is being worked on and released. You should make sure to keep up as they generally make our digital existence easier and more fun!
We have been doing that at Bincom Dev Center and we are also making it easy for you to do. This week and as always, we compiled some Tech Trends that may blow your mind. We also included some snippets from our daily knowledge development sessions. Take your time and digest every one of them. The world is fast evolving and so should your mind.
China Builds Roads that charges cars
If you thought there is a limit to what technology can do, find out how China Built a Road so smart that it can charge your car while you drive through it,then you might have a different opinion. – HA
Doubts about the Credibility of AI?
Is AI trust worthy? Can we trust AI if we don’t know how it works? – SF
Millions of Free High Quality Images
Did you know that you can’t just pick up a picture online and use it on your own blog? You did? Well, great – here is a lovely resource with millions of free high quality images. Seriously it is not just royalty free … it is free free . – BA
Instagram just keeps getting better
Instagram has followed in its parent company’s footsteps and launched a lightweight version of its app on Google Play. Like its Facebook and Messenger counterparts, Instagram Lite was created for users in developing nations. – OR
Finding a way to explain or understand the basic concepts of OOP? This might be helpful. -KO
How to customize with Facebook frames
You almost would not need a third party app to beautify your pictures before posting them on Facebook as Facebook has upgraded to make it possible for you to customize your frames with Facebook frames. – AAL
SD cards with 128 Terabyte storage space
How does one even begin to comprehend the possibility of owning a Secure Digital Memory Card with a storage space of 128 Terabyte. The world has indeed evolved from small circle of thoughts and nothing is remaining impossible. – KB
France is investing $76M on African Startups
Digital Africa — a broader French government initiative to support the African tech ecosystem will launch a new online platform in November 2018 with resources for startup entrepreneurs. – OO
Nigerian Developers can prepare for secure foreign gigs
While it might be a bit easy to get local jobs, foreign jobs are not so easy to come by. Quite a number of Nigerian Software Developers work as freelancers, exploring the possibilities of getting both local and international freelance websites to work on.- GO
Google invests $22 million into Kaios, Nokia’s new Os feature
How about Face-timing with Instagram?
You can now do more than just liking, commenting and sending Direct Message. You can now face time with Instagram. How cool is that? – SO
CBN working to regulate FinTech companies
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is currently drafting guidelines that would enable the regulation and supervision of the activities of Financial Technology Companies (FinTechs) in Nigeria. – AA
Google plans to Deliver Super-Fast 5G Internet
Poor unstable internet may just be a thing of the past as google sets to launch high flying low-energy consuming drones to give internet access to people around the globe especially third-world countries like Nigeria. – TKO
A.I that carryout human-like activities
We all thought human creativity cannot be substituted by AIs right…you really think so?
Here are 9 AIs that perform seemingly human-like creative activities.
Cool right? – EN
The Internet Of Things
by Onyeka Okoye
What is Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects—devices, vehicles, buildings and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity—that enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
Various Names – The same concept :
- M2M (Machine to Machine)
- “Internet of Everything” (Cisco Systems)
- “World Size Web” (Bruce Schneier)
- “Skynet” (Terminator movie)
When it comes to vulnerabilities with IoT, expect them! Vendors may not inform the public about critical issues in their products. Since products at times may be updated or new lines come out, vendors may not necessarily invest in maintaining the security of existing products. The issue of patching mechanism may also be a factor, where they might not even exist for some products as well as layman/technical issues installing patches or firmware updates in Iot products. Larger organizations may also have issues scaling to patch/update IoT related devices, given the size of organization and number of units effected.
Software Development Process
by James Nwachukwu
We can think of a series of activities as a Process.
Software Development Process is a structured set of activities required to develop a
software system. This process usually includes;
A software process model is an abstract representation of a process. It presents a description of a process from some particular perspective.
Generic Software Process Models includes;
The waterfall model
- Separate and distinct phases of specification and development
- Specification and development are interleaved
Formal systems development (example – ASML)
- A mathematical system model is formally transformed to an implementation
- The system is assembled from existing components
- Software processes are the activities involved in producing and evolving a software system. They are represented in a software process model
- General activities are specification, design and implementation, validation and evolution
- Generic process models describe the organisation of software processes
- Iterative process models describe the software process as a cycle of activities
- Requirements engineering is the process of developing a software specification
- Design and implementation processes transform the specification to an executable program
- Validation involves checking that the system meets to its specification and user needs
- Evolution is concerned with modifying the system after it is in use
- CASE technology supports software process activities
About Weekly Tech Roundup by Bincom Dev Center
You probably already know that Bincom ICT‘s core is Best Use of Technology. This initiative is a compilation of some of the things the people at Bincom Dev Center found interesting during the week in review. Bincom Dev Center is the Training & Development Arm of Bincom ICT.
In this weekly publication, You will find various pieces ranging from ideas, to trends, to random thoughts. They are here because we found them interesting. We also include some knowledge development pieces and where to get more information about the topic. We aim to publish an edition every Friday at 5pm (with exception of Holidays). We are working hard to keep ourselves updated and we thing you should too!
Time for some Shameless Advertising:
- Did we mention that we build awesome tech. From core software development to bespoke Enterprise systems, check out Development + Support Services to see more details.
- And if you are more of a Do it yourself person (or organisation) or simply need additional technology resources to augment your team, you can check out our IT outsourcing solution called Outsource IT by Bincom .
One more thing, Credits for this edition goes to :
- Contributors: All_of_us @ Bincom Dev Center
- Compiled by: Precious Oguche.
- Edited by: Nnaemeka Nwosu
- Senior Responsibility Officer: Bade Adesemowo