Weekly Tech Roundup for July 27 2018. Vast change in Technology.
Technology feeds on itself. Technology makes more technology possible. – Anonymous
Eventually nothing will be impossible, with the vast evolution of technology, various things that seemed like science fictions are now becoming our reality. It gradually touches every aspect of our lives, from secured AI (Artificial Intelligence) predicting crimes to creation of earbuds that allows the ease of travelling anywhere without language barrier as it automatically translates everything you hear to your preferred language and the thrill of staying in touch with every single bit of it is what we’re offering.
We also included some snippets from our daily knowledge development sessions, just to give you a little extra knowledge. After all, knowledge is never enough. Take your time and digest every one of them. The world is fast evolving and so should your mind.
A new way to be secured with AI capable of predicting crime
Meet Sophia the first robot citizen.
You can now travel to different countries without language barriers with Babel-Fish Earbuds to translate foreign languages in real time. Sounds exciting, yes?
Even big companies make mistakes. This guy exploited google’s bug tracking system and made $15,600 doing it.
It is alarming that Tech itself has it’s own set of problems. But hey, it’s nothing that can’t be fixed.
Tech companies can bid on the Pentagon’s $10 billion cloud contract, starting today
After stocks go low, Facebook buys RedKix to enhance communications on workplace by Facebook.
Nigerian Fintech startups have been getting a lot of attention from local and foreign investors.
The Governor of Kastina state Aminu Bello Masari, eyes on e-governance for the state
Google bans crypto-currency mining apps on Playstore
It has started already, AI taking over. An artificial intelligence system recorded a 2-0 victory against elite physicians in two rounds of a competition to diagnose brain tumors and predict the expansion of brain hematomas or bruises.
Do you really know what happens when you type ‘google.com’ in a browser and hit ‘Enter’?
The South Korean giant Samsung is considering launching fold-able smartphones for years. The president of the mobile devices division, DJ Koh, has promised a fold-able Galaxy Note for 2018. However, it seems that the device stayed for the next year.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the South Korean giant Samsung plans to launch a fold-able smartphone in early 2019. The prototype is code-named “Winner” and measures 7 inches when open. The screen can be folded in half “like a wallet”, showing a small bar-shaped display on the front, in addition to the cameras at the rear.
The cost of hiring a great developer (engineer) is the same cost as buying a Car . The summary here is companies should try everything possible to retain top talents. A second summary is that Bincom Dev Center and Bincom Head Hunter Services are off to a very great start solving an industry problem.
Here’ how you can get any paid video tutorials for free
Watch out Tony Stark! For a miserly $400k , you can now buy version 1 of the Iron man suit. Yes. You can fly all over the place. I am guessing by the time It becomes $400 and it is in version 10 we will need express lanes in the sky.
MARKETING / CUSTOMER ACQUISITION
By Osahon Ohomina
Definition – Marketing is used to create, keep and satisfy the customer. Marketing is the process of getting a product or service from a company to its end customers from product development through to the final sale and post purchase support.
Benefits of Marketing
- Increases visibility of your brand.
- Develops lasting relationships with your audience.
- Improves brand awareness and recognition.
- Creates loyalty and trust, with both your current customers and prospects.
- Helps you to build authority and credibility.
- Positions your business as an expert in your industry.
- Generates traffic to your site to improve lead generation.
- Opens a channel of communication through social shares and comments.
- Helps your customer move through the purchase decision more quickly.
- Determining your goals for content marketing
- Being able to focus on a narrow target audience and intimately understand their challenges
- Having enough time and resources to produce the content your target is looking for.
- Developing a content plan that provides the road-map for what content to produce and when.
- Not understanding what content to produce or where to post your content to reach your ideal client.
- Producing quality content consistently that excites and informs your audience on a regular schedule.
- Measuring the effectiveness of the content you produce.
- Proving ROI of content marketing.
Marketing Strategy Cycle
- Decide on a target audience.
- Create a psychological buying process profile.
- Connect with a marketing strategy/plan.
- Assess- Repeat/Adjust.
Types of Marketing
- Internet/Online and Offline Marketing.
- Outbound and Inbound Marketing.
- B2B and B2C Marketing.
- Direct and Niche Marketing.
Others include Personalized Marketing, Telemarketing, Database Marketing, Viral Marketing, Affiliate Marketing and Promotional Marketing.
About Weekly Tech Roundup by Bincom Dev Center
You probably already know that Bincom ICT‘s core is Best Use of Technology. This initiative is a compilation of some of the things the people at Bincom Dev Center found interesting during the week in review. Bincom Dev Center is the Training & Development Arm of Bincom ICT.
In this weekly publication, You will find various pieces ranging from ideas, to trends, to random thoughts. They are here because we found them interesting. We also include some knowledge development pieces and where to get more information about the topic. We aim to publish an edition every Friday at 5pm (with exception of Holidays). We are working hard to keep ourselves updated and we thing you should too!
Time for some Shameless Advertising:
- Did we mention that we build awesome tech. From core software development to bespoke Enterprise systems, check out Development + Support Services to see more details.
- And if you are more of a “Do it yourself” person (or organisation) or simply need additional technology resources to augment your team, you can check out our IT outsourcing solution called Outsource IT by Bincom .
One more thing, Credits for this edition goes to :
- Contributors: All_of_us @ Bincom Dev Center
- Compiled by: Precious Oguche.
- Edited by: Nnaemeka Nwosu
- Senior Responsibility Officer: Bade Adesemowo